I got nominated by Adi to participate in the Freestyle Writing Challenge, which is a great little exercise in fluid, un-interrupted writing.
So here are the RULES of this challenge:
1.Open an MS Word document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3.You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
Here’s my article:
As I said to adi on her post that my blog is entirely introspective so writing another post isn’t that hard. But since she challenged me I’ll take it up nonetheless.
I read books, a lot of them anyway. I watch movies and anything else that seems remotely intersong on the TV. Music is the same.
I have read mystery novels, a huge bunch of fantasy novels and a lot of novels whose genre I myself never bothered to check.
Movie’s though I make sure I always check imdb before I watch it, there’s still a ton of movies that I watched simply because I liked the title.
Music is more fickle. Edm, trance, rock, alternative, country, soul, Sufi, Bollywood pop etc etc. I have heard it all mostly, and yet I always change my favorite genre.
The point I’m making is this: I always almost like whatever I’m watching/reading/listening. You can check my good reads page there is only positive reviews. I never have anything bad to say about whatever I watch etc.
It has always been the way. I like almost everything. I guess you can it being tasteless.
I would say just like Rocky Balboa “I like everybody(/thing)”
Time: 5 min
Word: 201. (Yuck! i had a great speed around my GRE exams!)
The nominees are:
4. Jai Vyas
Your topic: Ephemeral
You Have 5/10 minutes to write whatever you can.